DIDI continues to monitor developments related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) very closely. This page contains the University’s latest guidance for students, faculty, and staff, which are in line with the directives of the UAE Government, as well as resources for reference.
Thursday, 21 April 2022
We hope you are all well and are staying safe.
The Ministry of Education has updated the protocol for close contacts, please note the following changes taking effect from today (April 21, 2022):
- Close contacts are no longer required to quarantine and will not be granted online access. They must continue to come to campus.
- Close contacts are still required to inform us, and will have to test on day of the contact (Day 1) and Day 7, and continue to be on campus provided that the tests are negative.
- If a close contact tests positive, Student Services needs to be informed as soon as possible, so we can provide online access.
Please familiarize yourself with the updated full set of guidelines attached, and let us know if you have any questions.
Medical Authorities Contacts
- Dubai Health Authority: 800342
- Department of Health Abu Dhabi: 8001717
- Estijaba Service: 8001717
- SEHA: +97124102200 (WhatsApp)
- Ministry of Health and Prevention: 80011111
- Ministry of Education: 800 51115
- Dubai Ambulance: 998
Classes Delivery Mode
- What is the mode of course delivery during the Spring 2022?
The mode of instruction will be in-person for Spring 2022.
- What are attendance arrangements?
Students are expected to attend class on-campus and their attendance will be recorded daily.
- Do I have to be vaccinated to enter campus?
Yes, vaccination is mandatory as per the guidelines received from the UAE Government. Unvaccinated students must have an official exemption provided from the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) via the following link: Vaccination Exemption. All records must be registered with the university before arriving on campus.
- Is the vaccine booster mandatory to enter campus?
Yes, all students and staff eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine booster are required to take the booster and share with the university their updated vaccine record.
- What if I am not vaccinated, can I still attend classes on campus?
No, attendance of on-campus classes is restricted to vaccinated students only, or for the students with an exemption certificate obtained from MOHAP.
- I have been vaccinated in another country and I am not sure whether my documentation will be recognized by the University. What should I do?
Students who are vaccinated outside the UAE will need to update their vaccination record with either the Dubai Health Authority at any vaccination center, upload a record of your vaccination to Dubai Health Authority portal, or update your records through the ICA website as soon as you have received your last dose and have a complete vaccination card. This also applies to booster shots taken outside of the UAE.
- How do I submit my vaccination record to the University?
Students must submit either their vaccination record or vaccine exemption to DIDI Student Service Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If I took the first dose of COVID-19 Vaccine, can I enter the campus?
Those that are not yet fully vaccinated may continue to access campus with the requirement that they can prove they have taken the first dose on the ALHOSN application, remain masked in all public settings and comply with the weekly PCR testing plan, until 14 days have passed from their final vaccine dose.
PCR Test Requirements
- In addition to providing a vaccination record, do I also need to take a PCR test?
As part of applicable health and safety measures, all students must undergo a PCR test at the beginning of each academic semester (96 hours validity) and after returning from vacations to be able to access campus.
- How many PCR tests are required during the semester?
All vaccinated students are required to test and have a negative PCR result every 14 days, to maintain Green Status on the ALHOSN Application. Those with an approved vaccine exemption must comply with the weekly PCR testing plan to maintain Green Status on the ALHOSN Application.
- How do I submit my negative PCR test result?
Students are required to show their Green Status when entering campus.
- Where can I do the PCR test?
PCR tests conducted by licensed labs or medical facilities inside the UAE, provided that the result is shown on ALHOSN application.
- Does the University accept the DPI tests or Rapid Antigen Tests?
No. The University accepts PCR tests only.
- If I’m coming from outside the UAE, can I use the PCR test conducted at the airport?
Yes. PCR tests conducted at the airports inside the UAE are accepted by the University.
- Can I use the PCR test conducted outside the UAE?
No. The University does not accept PCR tests conducted outside the UAE.
- If I have any questions related to vaccinations and PCR tests, who should I contact?
Please email the DIDI Student Service Department at email@example.com
Isolation and Quarantine Protocol
- If I tested positive for COVID-19, what should I do?
You must immediately inform DIDI Student Service Department and the Office of the Registrar in cases of COVID-19 infection, while remaining at home and taking the necessary measures and quarantine for 10 days starting from the positive result date. You must also provide the positive PCR results. Please refer to the Campus Health and Safety Guidelines for further information.
- If I was in close contact with confirmed COVID-19 case, what should I do?
You must stay in quarantine for 7 days starting from the date of close contact with a positive case. Students must share the positive result of the confirmed case with the university.
- Who is considered as a COVID-19 close contact?
A close contact is an individual who spent time with a confirmed COVID-19 case for 15 minutes or more at a distance of one meter or less.
- What is the quarantine duration for a COVID-19 close contact?
The estimated number of quarantine days for the person in contact is 7 days, starting from the last day the person was in close contact with the confirmed COVID-19 case. Example: If two friends met for lunch on January 1 and one of them tested positive on January 3. The duration of the quarantine for the close contact person is from January 1 to January 7. Please refer to the Campus Safety Guidelines for further information.
- Should I expect to be on online learning plan during my quarantine period?
All students are expected to continue online learning during their quarantine period as per the instruction provided by the Office of the Registrar.
- If I am a confirmed COVID-19 case, when should I take a PCR test again to return to campus?
You should complete your quarantine period for 10 days and only return to campus with a Green status on ALHOSN Application. Please refer to the Campus Health and Safety Guidelines for further information.
- If I am in a close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, when should I take a PCR test again to return to campus?
If you are in a close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, you should return to campus on day 7 if you don’t feel any symptoms. Please refer to the Campus Health and Safety Guidelines for further information.
Online Learning Exemptions
- If I cannot attend campus this semester because of health reasons, can I take the semester online?
You need to provide an official documentation endorsed by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) or Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) indicating that you cannot attend any activities on campus and share it with DIDI Student Service Department and the Office of the Registrar for further actions.
- I am currently residing in a country where travel to the UAE is not permitted. Can I apply to take the semester online?
You need to provide an official documentation (acceptable to the University) showing that travel from your country to the UAE is not permitted, submitted to DIDI Student Service Department and the Office of the Registrar.
- If I am allowed to take the semester online, will I be able to take all of my courses online or will I have to drop some courses?
If you are allowed to take the semester online due to an approved reason by the University, you should contact DIDI Registrar for further actions. All finals, midterms, jury sessions, and examinations must be held in-person with mandatory student attendance.
- I reside outside of the UAE and do not yet have a visa to enter the UAE. Who should I contact regarding this matter?
Please contact DIDI Student Service Department via email for further action.
- Will there be social distancing on campus?
Yes, social distancing of 1 meter is applicable across campus.
- Will I need to wear a mask on campus?
Yes, it is mandatory to wear a mask at all times on campus.
- If I test positive for Covid-19 during the semester, who should I contact?
Please contact DIDI Student Service Department and the Office of the Registrar via email for further action.
- If I test positive for Covid-19 during the semester, will I be able to continue my classes online?
Yes, the University will allow you to take your classes online until you make a full recovery and complete the quarantine period.
- If I’m coming from outside the UAE, do I need to undergo quarantine period before accessing the campus?
Quarantine period should apply only if it is a requirement of the authorities at the airport.
- Will the library be open on campus during this semester?
Yes, the library will be open subject to social distancing and applicable safety measure.
- Will the food outlets in d3 be open during this semester?
Yes, all the food and beverage outlets in d3 are open and subject to d3’s operational guidelines.
- Will the prayer rooms in d3 be open during this semester?
Yes, the prayer rooms are open and subject to d3’s operational guidelines. Please use the disposable prayer mats provided at the prayer rooms.
Events and Activities
- Are students allowed to organize any social events, gatherings, and field trips?
Organizing any gatherings or events which includes extra-curricular activities and field trips, will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and only available to vaccinated individuals. They will be coordinated based on the current Ministry of Education and health authorities’ guidelines.
- What is the mode of course delivery during the Spring 2022?
Useful Links and Resources
Support for Online Student Learning
DIDI provides students with access to Office Microsoft 365 web applications, and services such as MS Teams, Moodle, and others.
Using these tools, students can:
- Attend online classes
- Communicate with teachers through forums, messages, or voice and video calls
- Access any shared education resources
- Submit assignments